Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Summertime... And the Live'n is Easy



Summertime...
8x8 oil on panel


And the Live'n is Easy
6x6 oil on panel

These are two back-to-back studies I did capturing the subtle changes of morning light and shapes of shadows cast on the sand. I find the more I do of these small, quick studies- ideally kept to just 1 hour or less- the more intuitively I am able to paint. Recently I came across a quote somewhere that struck me. I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something along the lines of: 
When I am painting I am rarely ever alone... the voices of all my teachers seem to constantly be whispering in my ears. But sometimes, when I manage to get in "the flow" those voices fall away and then it's just me and my canvas.
I live for those moments.

Here is the first one, "Summertime," framed. Both are available through my gallery in Palmetto located at 419 10th Ave W. 
I'll be teaching a 2 day workshop in Tequesta, FL next February 8th & 9th on painting small, quick studies, if interested please contact The Lighthouse Art Center to register. 


No comments:

Post a Comment