Saturday, November 21, 2015

This Week's Paintings

Under the Banyan Tree
11x14 oil on panel

Ca d'Zan #1
9x12 oil on panel

The Ca d'Zan #2
8x10 oil on panel


Dappled Path
8x10 oil on panel


Silhouettes  
8x10 oil on board

These are the paintings I produced this past week during Katie Dobson Cundiff's 2 day plein air workshop at the Ringling Museum grounds in Sarasota.  My goals were to get the essence of the scene down quickly using large shapes, to create accurate value relationships, and to push my colors boldly!



Dune Path
16x20 oil on canvas

"Prego!" SOLD
12x12 oil on canvas

Continuing to focus on correct values, color temperatures and brushwork, these last 2 are studio paintings I did at Bill Farnsworth's 2 day workshop using photo references. "Prego" was done from a picture I took in the festive Piazza San Marco during my painting trip to Venice last month. 











No comments:

Post a Comment