Saturday, November 21, 2015

4-WAY


4-WAY SOLD
9x12 oil on panel

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of participating in the 3rd annual Arcadia Plein Air Paintout. At 8am about 35 of us checked in and got our canvases stamped, then set out to paint whatever inspired us around the cute little town of Arcadia, FL. Having never been there before, I decided to take a walk down old Main Street and scope out the area. Then I hopped in my car and drove around and around (for nearly an hour!) till I happened upon this 4 Way stop sign by the railroad tracks. I was struck by the little building on the corner (which you just know had some history!) as well as the long shadows and complementary red/green color scheme. Turns out I chose (and painted) well as I won 3rd Place and Peoples Choice Awards at the show that evening!






No comments:

Post a Comment