Sunday, May 31, 2015

Morning Light & Days End


Morning Light SOLD
11x14 oil on linen

While I was out running yesterday morning on the south end of Anna Maria Island's Coquina Beach  I noticed this pretty play of dappled light and shadows upon the sand, strewn with pine needles. Inspired by the composition and colors, I returned to the same spot at the same time this morning with my easel and paints. As beach-goers started arriving, setting up their tents & umbrellas and firing up their barbecue grills, I added them to the painting. I'm quite happy with the light and airy feel of this one!



Day's End SOLD
11x14 oil on canvas

There's something about that hour or so before sunset when I look out the window at the dunes below and just become mesmerized by the soft violet blue shadows cast on the sand... and before I know it, I'm down there chasing that light, till there's no more light to see by!




No comments:

Post a Comment