Friday, January 16, 2015

Serene Pond


Serene Pond
8"x10" oil on panel

Yesterday was one of those mornings where it wasn't exactly raining, but it sure wasn't dry by any means! I met up with The Light Chasers painting group at Sarasota's Rothenbach Park and after watching a great demo by one of the other artists, Joseph Melancon, I decided to do a quick painting of a nearby pond. I have to admit, normally I don't get too excited by the flat light of a cloudy day, but the work of a fellow artist I follow on Facebook, by the name of Edwin Bertolet, has been inspiring me lately. He does an excellent job, in my opinion, of capturing the quiet beauty and serene elegance of a landscape in his paintings, which is what I too tried to reflect in my depiction of this scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment