Saturday, May 3, 2014

Window Dressing


Window Dressing
8"x10" oil on board

Last week I had the privilege of participating, along with 24 other talented artists from across the country, in the Winter Park Paint Out. For 5 days we painted all around the town of Winter Park, Florida, culminating in a group show from which a portion of the sales went to benefit the Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden. The first day was rather overcast and on the verge of rain, not exactly the kind of day we plein air painters tend to like too much, but, we made the most of it! I set up my easel on Park Ave. across from a fellow painter and decided at the last minute to add him to the scene. With such a flat light there weren't a whole lot of value contrasts to work with,  so instead I focused on the compotition and let my eyes travel a path to and from the colorful flowers and boutique dresses that line the avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment