Friday, February 26, 2016

Moonlight Serenade


Moonlight Serenade
9x12 oil on panel

Inspired by the nocturne I did at Jason Sacran's workshop in St. Pete last month, I went to the Bird Key Yacht Club in Sarasota last week right around sunset with the intention of painting a scene at night there. Unfortunately, as I was setting up I realized I'd left the attachment that clips my pochade box onto my tripod at home. So, though I normally stand at my easel, I ended up sitting for this one, balancing my palette & painting on my lap! 
If you're in the area and would like to see this one in person, it will be on display and for sale at the Edson Keith Mansion at Phillippi Estate Park, 5500 Tamiami Trail in Sarasota as part of the Paint Sarasota Paint Out from 5-8 Feb. 26th & 27th and noon-5pm Feb. 28. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment