Saturday, September 5, 2015

Friday in the Field



Friday in the Field 
8x10 oil on panel

My husband and I recently bought a 100 year old brick building in Historic Palmetto, FL where he now has his office and I (for the first time since college) have my very own art studio! So lately I've been doing quite a lot of painting there, however, by that I mean the kind that requires big buckets of paint and standing on ladders, as the place was in desperate need of a little TLC!  
Now, I have realized over the years that I am in fact an "artaholic" and if I go for too long without getting my "fix" I start to feel all anxious and out of balance (I'm a plein air addict, what can I say?) So yesterday, on my 25 minute drive down to the studio, I pulled off to the side of the road and set up my easel in a field to do a quick study. It sure felt good to get my brushes wet again! I anticipate using my field studies for larger canvases in the future, now that I have the space to do so. But even with the bugs, oppressive heat, sand, fire ants, wind and pop up thunderstorms, (to name just a few of the perils involved in painting outside) it's still my favorite place to work!

Just before an incoming storm shooed me away

My new studio space

419 10th Ave West (Old Main Street) in Palmetto, FL


No comments:

Post a Comment