Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Driftwood Beach


The Driftwood Beach
8"x16" oil on canvas

Day #21 of the Daily Painting Challenge ( https://www.flickr.com/groups/2756377@N22/?added=1 )
So I was out painting on the island one day this summer when a guy came up to see what I was doing and asked if I'd ever painted the driftwood beach before. Well, I'd never heard of it, but he gave me directions, just over the bridge to Longboat Key. This morning my children came with me to check it out and were we ever rewarded! It was a gorgeous morning and the giant driftwood trees were casting all kinds of cool shadows on the sand, it was hard to decide what to paint first! I had so much fun painting this one, still, my kids claim they had the most fun of all playing in elaborately constructed driftwood huts that some people had created and jumping off the branches into the ocean! I think it's pretty safe to say we'll all be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment