Friday, July 18, 2014

New Life


New Life
16"x20" oil on canvas

Went a little bigger with this one, done over the course of 2 mornings, of the same boats just from a different angle.  It's been very rainy here in Florida this past week and every time I get set up it seems I'm chased away by on coming storms~ which was the case here. 45 minutes in it began to thunder so I headed back to the studio and continued my tonal block-in using a photo I'd taken. I returned 2 days later to bring it to life... one might even say "New Life," with color!
On a side note~ A neighbor came out to see what I was doing and informed me that, unfortunately, the woman who owned New Life had recently died and the owner of the other boat under the tarp is currently up in Alaska salmon fishing for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment