Saturday, March 15, 2014

Early Evening Dune Shadows


 Evening Dune SOLD
11"x14" oil on canvas

So... trying to paint while my children are on Spring Break has proven a bit more difficult than anticipated.  Nevertheless, on Wednesday afternoon, while my husband and daughter spent some quality time together, my son agreed to come out with me and fly with his new trick kite as I painted. Returning to the beach on the north end of Anna Maria Island where I'd painted a couple days before, the dunes were beginning to cast their seemingly electric violet shadows from the opposite direction this time as the sun was making it's descent. 
And with his new kite in hand doing loop-di-loops high in the sky and a fist-full of paint brushes in mine, I'm not sure who enjoyed the early evening beach outing more, my son or me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment