Friday, October 25, 2013

The Lone Rebel


The Lone Rebel
5" x 7" oil on panel

Yes, this painter is a bit smitten with the boats at nearby Cortez Fishing Village, this one in particular, with it's lovely reflections. Part of the attraction, I have to admit, is a wonderful shaded public dock on which to set up my easel out of the sun.  While it normally keeps me cool, this morning it kept me dry from the pouring rain! And while I may have been painting a "lone Rebel" I was pleasantly surprised to  find that I was not alone! I was, in fact, in very good company as the incredibly talented Katie Dobson Cundiff arrived with her easel and small panels just as I was setting up mine. I'd seen her last February when she did a paining demo for the Light Chasers group over by the Ringling Museum. What a treat to paint along side her for a morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment