Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Old Red Barn


Old Red Barn SOLD
9" x 12" oil on panel

So... I lasted all of 3 days without my tube of white gouache and my oil paints before I realized I was just going to have to make the 3 hour round trip into Knoxville to go get what I needed at the art supply store as the urge to paint was just getting to me! The next day I had my brother in law drop me off at the base of the hill by our cabin, just outside of Dayton, TN, so I could paint this old red barn while he and my son made a food supply run. They were gone for just over an hour, during which time I stood by the side of the road at my easel, shooed away flies, swatted at sweat bees, got odd & curious looks from local farmers going by in their pickup trucks... and painted most contentedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment