Sunday, April 7, 2013

Buckets of Greens


Buckets of Greens
9"x12" oil on panel

I did this painting at the Bradenton Farmers Market last Saturday morning for the 2 hour "Quick Draw" competition, which was the kick off to Paint the Town 2013.  This was a week long event in which selected professional artists painted on location "en plein air" all around the Bradenton area, culminating in a juried show at the ArtCenter Manatee. I chose this scene for the striking striped table cloths adorning the vendor's tables, upon which were set great big pastel buckets of all sorts of greens. 
I liked the movement of the lines and angles as they naturally lead the viewer's eye back into the distance. (Admittedly, I also liked that directly upwind from me was a barbecue vendor who was filling the air with the most deliciously intoxicating aromas you could imagine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment