Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cortez Blues


Cortez Blues
11"x14" oil on canvas

Truth is, I can't recall ever having had the blues in Cortez! It's such a charming, quirky, unique little fishing village with the most amazing subject matter for paintings everywhere you look... not to mention some of THE BEST seafood around! If anything, it can be a bit of a sensory overload. 
Feeling ambitious, (this is a Paint Out week after all!) I decided to challenge myself this morning with studying the reflections in the water. Figured why not? I'd either sink or swim! 
Fortunately, for as ever-moving and complex as reflections can be, I think I managed to stay afloat pretty well in the end. Will be submitting this one (along with another Cortez boat painting) to the 
Paint the Town 2014 Bradenton Plein Air Paint Out Show later this morning. Reception is tonight at Art Center Manatee 5-7pm if you're in the area and the show will be up through October 30th!



No comments:

Post a Comment