Saturday, October 25, 2014

Afternoon Delight

AfternoonDelight SOLD
5"x7" oil on panel

It was the pink umbrella that first caught my eye in this scene along the banks of the Indian River in New Smyrna Beach. Then I noticed the young woman playing so joyfully in the water with her little  dog. When they took a break and sat down to rest I quickly painted them in. As she was leaving I thanked her for being my "unwitting model." She told me her mother had just undergone a radical mastectomy that morning and that she'd traveled from GA to care for her for the past 10 days. This was the 1st time that she'd had an afternoon all to herself and the 1st time she'd ever taken her dog to this beach... and I just happened to be there to capture that moment of release and relief...

No comments:

Post a Comment